About this site
Raising awareness about metrology
This metrology portal was created by the Asia Pacific Legal Metrology Forum (APLMF) and the Asia Pacific Metrology Programme (APMP).
The website aims to:
- Improve the sharing of information resources between our member economies to raise awareness about the importance of metrology with consumers, industry, regulators and government.
Our goals are to:
- Create a relevant and valued web portal – design and deliver a great digital experience where metrology information is centrally curated, easily accessed and well managed.
- Curate great content – work with industry partners to collect, curate and provide access to the resources, data and tools that will provide value to the target audiences.
- Showcase metrology – present information in a way that clearly presents benefits, methodologies, statistics and other useful information and provides developing economies and the industry with the tools and resources required to show the value of building and improving their metrology infrastructure.
- Encourage community contribution and sharing – provide a digital resource that the community values and want to participate in. This will ensure the portal remains current, dynamic and valued.
The website is part of the Joint APLMF / APMP Project 2: Raising Awareness in Metrology, a workstream of the larger Metrology - Enabling Developing Economies in Asia (MEDEA) project.
If you have any metrology information that could be useful for us to publish on this site, please get in contact with us. (Our intention is to ensure acknowledgement of all linked resources; please let us know of any issues.)